UKAdance expects all teachers who hold an examination session to abide by the requirements set out for examination sessions. UKAdance will monitor, through its examiners that examination sessions are complying with these requirements.
Should any teacher be found or suspected of not complying with the approval requirements, UKAdance reserves the right to impose a range of sanctions on that teacher.
2. Issue and review
The date of issue of this policy is November 2018. This policy will be reviewed annually.
3. Non-formal actions
UKAdance will always seek to resolve non-compliance issues through discussion with the teacher in the first instance. The usual outcome of any such discussion and investigations into the non-compliance by UKAdance will be an action plan which will identify what actions the teacher should take to resolve the non-compliance issue and the dates by which these actions should be completed.
Teachers should provide a regular update to UKAdance detailing the actions that have been taken to show that progress is being made towards resolving the non-compliance issue.
On completion of all the actions the teacher should report to UKAdance that the non-compliance issue has been resolved. UKAdance will reserve the right to further inspection of the teachers policies, procedures and activities to ascertain that this is the case.
UKAdance will expect the teacher to keep under review any new policies, procedures or activities that arise from the actions detailed in the action plan.
4. Formal actions
Should UKAdance and a teacher be unable to resolve the non-compliance issue by non-formal means, a number of formal actions can be taken by UKAdance. These may include, but are not exclusive to:
- Suspending certification of candidates registered for qualifications should the issue of non-compliance be restricted to a certain qualification(s)
- Suspending certification of candidates registered for any UKAdance qualification by that teacher pending the outcome of investigations
- Withdrawing approval for a specified qualification(s) for a specified period
- Withdrawing approval for a specified qualification(s) indefinitely
- Withdrawing approval for a specified period
- Withdrawing approval indefinitely