UKAdance has an arrangement with each approved centre that centres will abide by the requirements for approval as laid out by UKAdance. UKAdance will monitor regularly that examinations centres are complying with these requirements.
Should any centre be found or suspected of not complying with the approval requirements, UKAdance reserves the right to impose a range of sanctions on that centre.
2. Issue and review
The date of issue of this policy is July 2018. This policy will be reviewed annually.
3. Non-formal actions
UKAdance will always seek to resolve non-compliance issues through discussion with centres in the first instance. The usual outcome of any such discussion and investigations into the non-compliance by UKAdance will be an action plan which will identify what actions the centre should take to resolve the non-compliance issue and the dates by which these actions should be completed.
Centres should provide a regular update to UKAdance detailing the actions that have been taken to show that progress is being made towards resolving the non-compliance issue.
On completion of all the actions the centre should report to UKAdance that the non-compliance issue has been resolved. UKAdance will reserve the right to further inspection of the centre’s policies, procedures and activities to ascertain that this is the case.
UKAdance will expect the examination centre to keep under review any new policies, procedures or activities that arise from the actions detailed in the action plan.
4. Formal actions
Should UKAdance and a centre be unable to resolve the non-compliance issue by non-formal means, a number of formal actions can be taken by UKAdance. These may include, but are not exclusive to:
- Suspending certification of candidates registered for certain units or qualifications should the issue of non-compliance be restricted to a certain unit(s) or qualification(s)
- Suspending certification of candidates registered for any UKAdance qualification at that centre pending the outcome of investigations
- Withdrawing centre approval for a specified unit(s) and/or qualification(s) for a specified period
- Withdrawing centre approval for a specified unit(s) and/or qualification(s) indefinitely
- Withdrawing centre approval for a specified period
- Withdrawing centre approval indefinitely